A growing firm of chartered accountants are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join the team.
About The Role
The role will include exposure to all aspects of general practice accountancy as follows:
- Preparation of accounts - sole trader, partnership and small limited companies accounts - preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on a range of accounting packages, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- VAT - review / preparation of client quarterly VAT Returns
- Personal Taxation - assistance with and completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax work
- Corporation Taxation - assistance with and completion of CT Returns
- Audits - assisting seniors / managers with site / office based work
- Client correspondence - both written and oral
- General administration - filing etc. relating to the office and clients
About Our Client
Based in Orpington with 6 partners and 20 staff members.
We will consider either a graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree and three good 'A' levels (grades A, B or C), or a school leaver with a minimum of three good 'A’ levels or equivalent qualification.
Things You Should Know
20 days holiday, private medical, parking space, study support.
Commutable from: Bexleyheath, Orpington, London, Croydon, Mitcham, Chislehurst, Bromley, Thornton Heath, Stansted
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)