Redex Recruitment are currently working with a leading machinery hire company based in Brentwood, Essex. Our client has experienced fantastic growth over the past few years and now with further expansion plans they require a full-time Bookkeeper to manage the company finances.
Reporting to the Managing Director and external Accountant you will hold sole responsibility of the company accounts. Working amongst a high pressure fast paced environment your attention to detail and ability to manage situations efficiently will be required.
Previous construction/plant hire experience will be beneficial although not essential. You will also require having access to your own transport due to company location.
Duties for the role include:
- Input purchase invoices to Sage 50 whilst dealing with any queries
- Setup supplier payment runs
- Issue sales invoices through bespoke hire system (insphire) training provided
- Update and maintain asset register
- Produce accurate monthly management accounts
- Assist external Accountant with year end
- Credit control, reducing aged debt and reporting weekly to MD on outstanding balances
- VAT returns
- Issue overdue debts to recovery agent (top service)
- Allocate credit card transactions to account and non-account customers
- Raising hire credits and deal with deposit refunds
- Process monthly payroll along with any pension contributions and HMRC payments
- Allocate finance agreements and liaise with MD to negotiate rates with potential lenders
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Previous experience using Sage 50 accounts will be essential to be considered for this opportunity. Alongside the above duties any knowledge of employment law, employee contracts or personnel dealings will be beneficial.
Working hours are 9am - 5pm (Monday - Friday) Holiday entitlement is 20 days plus bank holidays, pension contribution, Salary £25,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience.
Any further details required please contact Sonny Wright at Redex Recruitment or apply via the link with an updated CV to review.