A new exciting opportunity with our client for a Marketing Manager to join their team in Folkestone. You will join on a full time,permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £34,071 - £53,970 per annum.
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
About theMarketing Manager role:
Supporting the Head of Marketing, this role is responsible for delivering the integrated marketing plans required to achieve the commercial, brand and customer targets for the business.
The Marketing Manager’s main focus is leading the BAU marketing activities, with direct responsibility for the integration of all channels, direct management of offline direct-to-consumer, trade and ATL communications, and a co-ordination role across digital media, online experience, content, PR and trade marketing. In addition, the Marketing Manager will manage the delivery of the major campaign ‘Peaks’ during the year.
Alongside management of the plan, the Marketing Manager will closely review marketing activity performance in the context of the overall business performance, and re-direct investment/adjust plans. This will require the understanding and ability to make judgements using a wide range of business, customer and channel data, and the stakeholder management within marketing and across commercial teams.
Key responsibilities as the Marketing Manager:
- Develop BAU integrated marketing plan for the business, working with other marketing teams such as digital, creative services, publishing/content and PR
- Develop and implement a communications plan & creative approach that reflects the brand proposition for the business and communicates a differentiated position in the market to improve brand consideration
- Understand the relationship between ‘top of funnel’ activity and ‘lower funnel’ acquisition activity, ensuring both are working together to acquire new customers
- Monitor customer retention performance, and put in place activity to understand the reasons for any change in churn/improve retention
- Improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency by monitoring the ROI across all marketing spend (online and offline) and adjusting investment accordingly
- Continually monitoring trading performance and consumer buying trends (both internally and externally) and quickly adapt marketing communications if required
- Chair weekly editorial and integrated marketing meetings to ensure all areas are well briefed on the immediate business performance needs and this is reflected in plans
- Ensure consistency in messaging and focus across marketing channels e.g from social media and DM to website landing pages
- Own the customer in performance meetings, providing feedback/challenging product and pricing areas if necessary to ensure propositions and messages will drive the desired campaign response. This challenge should be based on factual insight on customer, competitor or activity data
- Provide effective marketing communications briefs to creative services and marketing agencies, and manage day-to-day relationships
Experience and skills required of the Marketing Manager:
- Marketing planning and campaign management across digital and offline channels, with an emphasis on direct marketing
- Delivery of a high volume of retail/trading or performance marketing activity as part of a results-driven marketing function
- Analytical, including the ability to decipher commercial and customer data
- Project management involving multiple stakeholder areas
- Understanding of digital media metrics
- Proven marketing experience at management level, preferably in travel or leisure
- Proven experience working on medium to large multi-channel campaigns and tracking their effectiveness
- Direct marketing experience, particularly with experience delivering large scale direct mail activity
- Experience of managing a team, including conducting 1-2-1s, reviews and team development
- Business /marketing degree or equivalent marketing qualification would be advantageous
So if you would like to join the team as the new Marketing Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!