Senior Quantity Surveyor
JOB: Senior Quantity Surveyor
LOCATION: King's Lynn
COMMUTABLE FROM: Wisbech, Downham Market, Swaffham , Fakenham
JOB TYPE: Permanent
My client range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature controlled food and beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs.
The role involves managing the resources of a project life-cycle in order to ensure it achieves success of the project outcome and maximise profit, providing planning, provision and monitoring of commercial support.
Duties will include:
* Play an active part in the running of each project.
* Ensure correspondence is in place to protect company.
* Assist Contracts Manager / Project Manager / Site Manager as required.
* Assist with Estimating & buying department as required.
* Place subcontract orders in line with procurement schedule.
* Ensure subcontractors quotations fully comply with contract documentation, providing summary analysis to enable the correct commercial decisions are taken.
* Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
* Issue VRS form against each valuation and issue accurate CVR's with full breakdown.
* Keep up to date financial status on each project.
* Monitor direct labour, plant and material cost against allowance within in tender.
* Awareness of contract and contract conditions.
* Advise / notify on extension of time / loss and expense claims.
* Ensure Collateral Warranties are completed.
* Monitor subcontractors and liaise with site.
* Agree interim / final accounts.
* RICS/CIOB or equivalent preferable but not essential
* Sound experience and knowledge of a medium sized construction company
They are offering a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
This will also involve travelling to construction projects as needed.
For more information please send a word CV to Billy king at Select Appointments Norwich and call.