Corporate and Development Finance Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Senior Management team in a commercial role. The successful candidate would have input at a strategic level being the primary support and business partner for the investment and development teams.
About the role:
The Finance Manager will lead a team responsible for financial business partnering services to executive, corporate and development Strategic Management Team members.
The role will provide specialist finance input and support for development/construction, corporate cost centre, business planning, taxation and insurance activities, as well as any ad hoc corporate projects that maybe undertaken from time to time.
- Provide specialist financial business partnering and support to the Group's development team; through the overseeing of Management Information & KPI reporting, budget setting, forecast preparation, and supporting investment appraisal preparations and external grant funding bids.
- Ensure post-investment appraisal reviews are undertaken for completed developments.
- Provide specialist financial business partnering and support to the Group's corporate overhead departments; through the overseeing of Management Information & KPI reporting, budget setting, and forecast preparation.
- Build strong and successful relationships and partner closely with corporate cost centre managers to help identify and implement value for money initiatives, as appropriate.
- Undertake the annual and ongoing update of the Group's business plan. Undertaking appropriate stress testing and scenario analysis as necessary and as required.
- Control and develop the appraisal methodology for investment decisions, care proposals and business cases
- Manage and develop a team of part/newly qualified accountants
- Drive a process of continuous improvement within the team and ensure effective controls are in place
Key experience required:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent)
- At least two years' experience of management accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Experience of successfully managing and developing staff
- Experience of working with Senior Management and Directors
- Able to combine financial discipline, a strong commercial awareness and an inquisitive mind
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, adapts personal approach to situation to achieve positive impact and results
- Confident in building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent Excel skills, very good report writing skills
To make the most of this amazing opportunity, then please apply or contact me on either or for more information.