CloudScope are working with a global leader of outsourced business solutions. We are looking for experience Java Developers to work within the busy Global Technology Services team in Colchester. Dedicated to Enabling growth through technology based services and driving innovation both internally and externally whilst creating value for their customer.
The main purpose of the Server and Storage Engineer is to manage the servers and storage systems hosted by GTS (Global Technical Services) group, taking ownership of situations, documenting, automating and working with existing project managers and team members concluding tasks passed down by the GTS senior & executive management.
- Manage the GTS infrastructure working on existing technologies VSphere & VMware Enterprise, NetApp, Microsoft Servers & Office365, Linux Redhat, SLES, F5, Java & JBoss application servers and knowledge of Oracle systems. All are technologies hosted in our datacenters in UK and around the world.
- Working with technical subjects at a detailed level whilst being able to plan, estimate, review, implement, document and report on allocated project and major tasks.
- The role will require aspects of architecture, implementation, support and operational management
- Monitor and mentor the outsourced Teams occasionally but also willing to get your hands dirty and to ensure continuity of operations for both internal and external customers under an ITIL framework.
- Involved on daily operational duties within the office for the UK based 2nd and 3rd line support team and contributing to a DevOps model.
- At least five years’ experience of working with VMware (V5, VSphere) & Virtual machines, NetApp, Java & JBoss infrastructure and networks.
- Proven expert experience of using Operating Systems – in particular Linux and some grounding on Microsoft Servers and AD would be an advantage
- Proven experience of using Applications – Java & JBoss, Oracle, Active Directory
- Proven experience of storage platform NetApp with knowledge of SnapTools and Fas Storage or equivalent.
- Proven experience around automation and early warning systems like Nagios, Clover, Chef.
- Linux & Perl scripting is required.
- Cloud based technologies like Office365, Azure AD and AWS would be advantageous along with Hadoop specifically Hortonworks would be a benefit and be of interest.
- Please note that the role may require occasional travel and long hours if system failures occur.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement
- Relaxed dress code
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Company contributory pension plan
- Cash back health care scheme (benefit value approx. £675)
- Life assurance
- 20 days full pay sick days (after three months service)
- Salary exchange childcare vouchers
- Car salary exchange scheme
- Contact: Harrison Knight
- Reference: CWJobs/CS0277