OVERVIEW: IT APPRENTICESHIP ASSESSOR
As a result of continued growth, our prestigious client is looking to add an experienced IT Assessor to their existing team, to deliver the IT apprenticeship framework, including functional skills.
The role is home based and learner caseload is West Midlands and surrounding areas.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: IT APPRENTICESHIP ASSESSOR
The role will require you to be involved in all aspects of the IT Apprenticeship delivery including the carrying out of assessments and liaising with employers, external verifiers and staff to maximise IT Apprenticeship framework completions.
You will be required to visit learners face to face at least 4 times within a 12-month apprenticeship period to provide support and undertake work based assessments. You will use other means of technology including Skype, email and telephone on a weekly basis to discuss progress and any issues.
You will possess a strong occupational technical background in the IT industry in addition to Assessment and training experience. It is essential that you hold your assessors award (D32, A1, CAVA, TAQA or equivalent) along with a proven track record delivering the Level 3 and 4 Telecoms and Professional IT Apprenticeship.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: IT APPRENTICESHIP ASSESSOR
- Assessor Qualification (A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent)
- Previous experience delivering Level 3 and ideally Level 4 Telecoms and Professional IT Apprenticeships
- Previous industry experience in IT in a technical role
Previous experience delivering Vendor qualifications and technical certificates including CISCO, CCNA, CompTIA desirable but not essential.
SALARY/BENEFITS: IT APPRENTICESHIP ASSESSOR
- £34k-£38k depending on qualifications and experience
- 45p per mile travel expenses (paid from the home)
- Excellent benefits package including private Healthcare, Dental cover amongst others
- Unique Company wide incentives including overseas company get together holidays for on target performers
- Laptop and mobile phone
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.