Internal Audit Manager
MBA are recruiting for an exciting global organisation where their people are at the heart of everything they do. They are a strong, safe and regulated organisation with an established and experienced management team and our clients can feel confident that we will work with them in pursuit of customer service excellence.
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the close-knit team in the Birmingham office and this includes 20% European travel.
Role responsibilities for an Internal Audit Manager;
- Ownership of multiple ongoing audit projects in a number of different locations
- Design and input into the audit strategy of the business
- Build relationships with departmental partners and senior management worldwide to keep up to date with business operations
- Operating a risk-based approach, contributing heavily in the development of annual departmental planning and scoping activities
- The command of a range of audit areas including risk assessment and identification of effective controls
- The definition of audit scope and objectives, designing audit programmes and following them through to completion
- Perform tests and analyses, gathers audit evidence, evaluates results, and develops conclusions about the adequacy of internal controls
- Discuss the results of audit tests and conclusions with Company management and obtains agreement on facts
- Supports department leadership in responding to management queries regarding the internal control environment
- Coaches, trains and monitors audit staff assigned providing appropriate oversight and guidance related to testing strategy, auditing technique, and sampling methodology throughout the audit cycle
To be a successful Internal Audit Manager you must possess the following;
- Extensive experience of auditing, accounting, management or related experience. Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP, SOX, COSO and risk-assessment practices, internal controls, and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Strong project management abilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent business report writing skills and interpersonal skills
- Pursues professional self-development and stays abreast of emerging trends and leading practices in information technology, auditing, risk management, accounting and auditing fields through continuing education, seminars, review of professional journal and self-study programs in the areas of management, accounting, auditing, and information technology.
- Certification as a CPA or CIA is required.
- Certifications as a CFE and CISA are preferred.
- May require domestic and international travel
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a business-related field is required. Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems is desired.
This is a full time permanent role with a starting salary of £65,000 - £70,000 (dependent upon experience)