Optometrist Manager - Brighton, East Sussex
Are you looking for a new role; maybe just a change of scenery and/or a more clinical environment? Keep reading!
Have you got what it takes, to make the next step in your career and look at a management opportunity? Our client is looking for someone fully qualified with a BSc or Master’s degree in Optometry. One of their main stores in Brighton needs some leadership and they want a clinician to be at the heart of that leadership change. You will ideally have commercial Optometry experience and understand how best to diagnose, advise on, and assist with optical abnormalities. You will also have to have some sort of management/supervisory experience previously, a commercial/clinical split is mandatory.
Career Progression and Pathways
Career development is all about knowing where you want to be and where you would like to end up! That is why this position is so exciting for the right candidate. My client will help you take the right steps to get where you want - be that a leadership role, a more clinically orientated position or a training role. In an industry with typically fewer progression opportunities, it’s exciting to know my client is here to change that!
You will have the opportunity to apply for internal roles, such as:
• Clinical Governance Optometrist
• Research Optometrist
• Professional Services Manager/Optometrist
What are the benefits?
What is to like about working for our client? Perhaps some of the below reasons will help you to understand what a great opticians and business they are running. It’s quite a long list…
- Flexible working - My client is fully aware of how hard it can be to juggle home and work life. That is why they are offering flexible working arrangements to help you to balance your work and domestic responsibilities more effectively.
- Professional people need professional equipment - Another great part of working in this role is the amazing equipment and tools my client offers! They continually invest in state of the art ophthalmic equipment to improve your working life and ensure they offer the best possible experience for their patients/customers.
- Location supplements and relocation packages - My client recognises that sometimes it’s harder to recruit talented optical staff in some parts of the UK than in others (believe me, this is a true statement!). That is why my client has the discretion to offer a location supplement to Optometrists (in addition to a monthly salary) in recognition of local market rates. They also pay relocation packages that recognise the costs associated with moving house and ensure Optometrists aren’t financially disadvantaged.
- Potential extra earnings - Demand for optical services is always high. However, my client never likes to let customers down, which is why they offer you the opportunity to work extra shifts in addition to your regular hours during busy periods. Of course, you’ll earn above your hourly rate for this, plus there are often additional bonus incentives at key times throughout the year. You’ll also have the option to sell back some of your annual leave each year - which, once again, enables you to earn extra cash! It really is your choice…
- Offers - Fancy getting 50% to 90% off for restaurants, hairdressing, theatre tickets and much more?! Of course you do, which is why my client works in conjunction with all the major providers of entertainment to reduce the cost for its staff. You can also collect loyalty points to either transfer as cash directly into your bank account, redeem on purchases online or add to a high-street gift card of your choice. They can even offer childcare vouchers with tax relief benefits.
- Pre-registration supervisor rewards - All my client’s Optometrists can supervise a pre-registration Optometrist. If you do this, you’ll be rewarded with an honorarium payment as a thank you for supporting future colleagues. In addition, you can claim back your college membership fees.
- Professional fees paid + indemnity insurance - Professional registration is critical for all Optometrists to work in my client’s practices so they’ll pay your GOC and professional indemnity fees.
- Sick pay - Their sick pay scheme ensures that you’re supported if you can’t work due to illness or injury, which is reassuring during such difficult times. Your entitlement starts after three months’ service, increasing throughout your time with my client. Eventually, you will obtain up to half a year’s worth of fully paid sick pay.
What’s on offer?
My client offers a variety of benefits and perks, based on service and experience. We have detailed just some of the many benefits they provide:
- Market Leading Salary - My client offers the very best rate of pay for all Optometrists to maintain their competitiveness in the industry. This means you can always be assured that you’re being rewarded fairly when compared with peers and other retailers. As you progress as an Optometrist within the company, your pay will rise too.
- Pension - In addition to a great salary, you can rest assured that your pension will keep growing whilst you work! My client has always encouraged Optometrists to plan for their future, that is why they offer flexible and affordable pension arrangements, which are open to all colleagues after three months’ service and include company contributions and life cover/assurance policy. The generous company contribution matches what you pay in, at 1:1 ratio - up to 6% of your salary.
- Annual Leave - All Optometrists start with a generous 33 days’ holiday per annum (including eight bank holidays), which can also increase with service. Optometrists also have the option to buy back between four to ten days’ holiday on an annual basis, enabling you to boost your salary!