Desktop Support Engineer / IT Desktop Support Technician
Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Based on-site at one of our Client's customer's they have a role available in Exeter. They are looking for an experienced desktop support engineer able to hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will need to possess confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with a variety of customer fault calls where the supported devices are diverse and varied.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To provide hardware and software support and resolution for all HQ and customer sites.
- Maintain and manage all spares stock onsite and liaise with the Company and customer logistics systems.
- To support, abide by, and understand all customer IT applications, procedures and processes and work with the service team manager as well as the central management team to ensure that the Company is delivering the quality of service required by all customers.
- To be available for out of hours work as and when requested by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Diagnose, analyse and rectify faults on a range of PC, laptop and systems equipment using the appropriate tools, test equipment and diagnostics to a high degree of competence, aiming to achieve a high level of first time fixes.
- Become familiar with proprietary operating system software to aid repair of system faults and to test full functionality of replacement devices.
- At the Manager's discretion; respond to first time calls on equipment which you may not be familiar with.
- Carry out Preventative and remedial Maintenance.
- Make optimum use of resources (spares, time, vehicle etc.).
- Organise daily workloads with minimum supervision.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels
- Timely and accurate completion of operational and personal documentation.
- Keep technical skills current and in line with the Business requirements.
- 3 + years in a similar desktop support role
- Good customer facing skills
- Previous experience within the healthcare sector would be highly beneficial
- Previous experience with Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- A minimum of CompTIA Server+ Qualification.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Desktop Support Engineer, Desktop Support Analyst, Microsoft Desktop, Mac Desktop Support, IT Desktop Support Analyst, Hardware Support Engineer, Software Support Engineer, Desktop Support Technician may also be considered for this role.