Interim Marketing & Communications Officer
Are you immediately available to start a 12 month FTC Interim Marketing & Communications Officer position with a public sector organisation in Sutton? If the answer is yes then please do read on as my client is looking for 2 individuals to join their team due to extra work and growth.
This role requires the successful candidate to promote the client through effective marketing communications to raise the profile of the organisation, keeping staff and residents informed and help effect positive behaviour change.
You will be involved in:
- Support the delivery of effective marketing communications in line with brand guidelines and communications policy.
- Support in planning and delivering effective marketing and communications campaigns and projects that raise awareness, change perceptions or change behaviour.
- Work with the communications team, clients, partners and stakeholders to develop and deliver campaigns and projects to a high standard.
- Manage communications campaigns / initiatives including events, e-newsletters, brochures, publications.
- Assist in the management of the council's brand guidelines, providing marketing / branding advice and support to services.
- Support in developing and delivering effective marketing / communications campaigns that raise awareness, change perceptions or change behaviour.
- Build relationships with clients to understand their requirements and gain approval for campaign plans and budgets.
- Liaise with clients with regard to agreeing campaign budget.
- Draft design and print briefs to get quotes for campaign materials.
- Manage campaign costs to ensure the campaign / project comes in on or below budget available.
- Manage invoices through requesting cost codes and purchase orders and managing invoicing process.
- Draft creative content for campaigns including copy for advertising, website, social media, posters, leaflets and other promotional publicity.
- Develop creative design briefs for our design team to develop creative solutions for campaigns which meet the needs of the campaign and budget.
- Liaise with our design team to develop creative ideas through to final artwork.
- Develop effective relationships with clients in order to gain a sound understanding of their service and campaign requirements, to develop trust and be able to manage client expectations.
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers/partners including design, print management and other internal suppliers e.g. customer services, research and insight.
- Ensure that all branding meets the brand guidelines.
- Assist the communications team in managing the use of the brand, and give advice on branding to clients when requested.
- Have a good understanding of residents / target audiences needs to be gained through research, insight, consultations, local committees etc.
Working across the team
- Contribute to the work of the team by undertaking team-wide activity e.g. managing social media activity for relevant campaigns.
If this challenging Interim Marketing & Communications Officer position sounds of interest and you are immediately available and can commute to Sutton, Surrey then I would love to hear from you. It would suit candidates in Communications Officer, Communications Executive and Marketing Officer and Marketing Executive roles.