Principle purpose of the job:
To ensure swift resolution of any Plant breakdowns on the Seaham Site. To assist the Maintenance Manager in the completion of the Seaham Site PPM Schedule on a daily, weekly and annual basis. To provide a 24 hour Engineering Cover for the Site in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all faults / breakdowns are dealt with immediately and that any Plant Downtime is kept to a minimum.
2. Demonstrate a team approach with regard to maintenance and hygiene of equipment and support of pro-duction operators.
3. Provide support to the team during breaks and absences and work together to ensure completion of their duties.
4. Follow all work instructions, procedures, job descriptions at all times.
5. Ensure that all Work Orders, PM's issued to the shift are completed.
6. Complete all necessary paper work.
7. Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
8. Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP's, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
9. Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as re-quired in order to resolve problems on shift.
10. Ensure all parts removed from stores while on shift are booked out of stores in the correct way
11. Where necessary, must initiate the purchase of parts or equipment completing the relevant order requisi-tion forms with relevant information.
12. Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM's completed and other details as required.
13. Identify and analyse potential Production Loss problems before they occur and either rectify or ensure action is taken to solve at the earliest opportunity.
14. Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM's are highlighted to the Maintenance Manager .
15. Complete "Permit to Work' system when appropriate.
16. Ensure that at the end of every Shift a Full and Complete Record of all your activities are entered onto the Maintenance System and that the Production Teams, Maintenance Management Team and the following Shift Engineering Team have all the relevant information to hand to allow both the safety of the Site, con-tinued Production and possible problems to be continued and resolved without problem.
17. Out of normal Office Hours take the lead in supervising any Contractors required to attend Site, sign off their agreed work and ensure the Maintenance Management Team are informed of all actions.
18. Use of power tools, drills, grinders, cutting equipment, saws, files, presses and hand tools associated with carrying out the normal course of your duties.
19. Use of ladders, steps, scaffolding or walkways during the course of carrying out your normal duties.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Previous food processing industry experience highly desirable
Electrical and/or mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
2 Years experience of working in an automated production environment.
A good standard of both written and oral English
Basic Food Hygiene
Basic Health & Safety
Data and analytical skills
Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
Desirable skills :- PLC's, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation, welding.