Wedding and Events Coordinator
An experienced Wedding and Events Coordinator is required for a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic sales environment in prestigious 4 Star hotel in Dorking, Surrey.
As part of the MICE Sales Department and reporting directly to the MICE Sales Manager, your duties as a successful Wedding and Events Coordinator will include:
- Prompt and efficient management of all Weddings and Special Events enquiries, queries and requests.
- Manage the sales process from initial enquiry through to the final appointment.
- Welcome and build rapport with every potential Wedding couple or Special Event guest, converting enquiries into sales.
- Manage a flexible appointment diary including evenings and weekends.
- Prepare bespoke quotations and brochure material in line with company standards.
- Establish clear, effective internal hotel & supplier communication channels.
- Be present on the Wedding day or Special Event day of your customers’ event, ensuring every detail is attended to.
- Maximise the revenue and profit contribution for all the function rooms.
- Ensure payments and accounts paid in accordance with Terms and Conditions.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of competitors and the local market place, trends, opportunities and pricing and react accordingly.
- Drive hotel annual Weddings and Special Events sales plans in conjunction with the management team to support the achievement of financial targets.
- Attend all Open days, Wedding Fairs and Sales Exhibitions and build up a preferred supplier list.
- Create and manage a Weddings and Events database.
- Identify sales opportunities and proactively generate and convert new enquiries.
- Attend all company training seminars as required.
- Comply with all health, safety and legal requirements.
The successful Wedding and Events Coordinator will demonstrate:
- Previous experience in weddings events sales within the hospitality sector
- Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Degree or vocational qualification in a hospitality-related discipline would be advantageous
- Successful track record in events sales incorporating the weddings market segment
- Passion for creativity and flair
- Excellent conversational skills both in person and over the phone
- Strong written and spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with the ability to work on multiple projects and juggle priorities
- Effective team player and able to work under own initiative
- Up to £25,000 salary
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week over 5 days including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- 20 days holiday
- Meals on duty
- Staff Discount
- Bonus Breaks - Complementary stays in UK hotel (subject to availability)
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Employee Bonus Scheme
- Employee Advisory Service
- Childcare Vouchers
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Additional holidays with service plus days in lieu
- International Development Opportunities
Wedding and Events Co-ordinator
Up to £25,000 depending on experience