CGi Technical Director
CGI TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Highly competitive salary + paid overtime + benefits
Provide innovative technological support and software scripting to our clients CGI Studio
With a client list that includes household names and prestigious brands, our Client’s CGI department is experiencing rapid growth as they work with cutting edge technologies to develop their offering to clients.
It’s a creative and fast-paced environment with a highly professional edge.
You’ll be working alongside a team over 50 CGI Artists at the top of their game, developing the tools and pipeline they use to produce first-class imagery for their clients.
As someone with a technological mindset, you’ll be constantly challenging the norm, driven to use your experience and curiosity to find new ways of working with software, scripting and systems.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of 3D scripting languages (e.g. Python and cmd line)
- Solid understanding of a CG/ Animation/Games pipeline
- Excellent knowledge of pipeline development
- Experience of troubleshooting 2D-, 3D- and CGI-based software
- Understanding of Shotgun and tool development.
- Experience of Windows 7 OS Experience of working in a multimedia/digital agency environment
- Awareness of programming methodologies such as Agile
- Sound understanding of industry standard programming techniques
- Experience of HPC systems and deadline renderfarm management software
- Experience in the digital content creation industry
- Provide first-class artistic technological support and software scripting to CGI Artists.
- Assist in the development of innovative solutions to drive overall development/offering of the CGI Studio.
- Provide advanced 3D software scripting support for the whole CGI Studio
- Provide technological support and scripting to members of the CGI Studio (including 2D/3D software, plug-ins, scripts, as well as other third party technologies using multiple ?programming languages)
- Take ownership and maintain any software, scripts developed and their corresponding source ?code repositories and documentation; providing training to artists where necessary
- Proactively seek to understand how to produce stills and animations to keep up to date on the ?artists’ needs and future development requirements, and to enhance and make our resource ?more efficient
- Keep up to date on new research and industry developments, and maintain knowledge in ?relevant fields
- Contribute regularly to the CGI Studio collective learning within the team environment
- Ensure documentation, operation manuals, policies, wiki knowledge base is kept up to date Always work within the IT/systems procedures for development, adhering to our ISO ?procedures
SPEC & COMPETENCIES PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Glass half-full/can-do
- Team-oriented and reliable
- Customer-focused, driven individual
- Proactive and a troubleshooter Adaptable approach
- Strong desire and ability to learn and apply new knowledge and techniques
- Pragmatic approach to solving complex programming/production issues
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and time-management skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate degree or diploma in Computing Science, or related 2D/3D discipline
- Industry 3D qualifications
- Relevant Microsoft-based qualifications
INTERESTS Genuine interest in 3D, web development and internet/mobile technologies Automotive visualisation