Junior Service Desk Technician
Are you currently looking for a new challenge within an IT support role? My client, based in Chelmsford, within the Financial Services sector is seeking an IT Junior Service Desk Technician. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in IT and is wanting to gain experience and expertise. The ideal candidate will be able to cope under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment offering support to the users on site and in other areas, reporting to the IT Manager. This position is on a rotational shift pattern, Monday to Friday.
- Answering calls to assist on site users and other areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing 1st line support to the end users, resolving as many calls as possible.
- Log, record and categorise all users issues, problems and requests.
- Providing excellent customer service to end users.
- Trouble shooting technical support.
- Using a ticketing system to resolve problems.
- Prioritising calls, dependant upon their request.
- Recognised IT Certification is desirable, but not necessary.
- 6 months to 1 year within a similar position, desirable but not essential.
- Financial Services experience is an advantage, however, not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Citrix, VM Ware, Active Directory desirable.
- ITIL knowledge is desirable.
If you feel that you possess the relevant for this role then apply to to be considered for the role.