Senior Cyber Security Analyst - Birmingham - SIEM, IDS, IPS
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
My client is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to work in its fast-paced Cyber Security Centre in Birmingham City Centre.
- Working as part of a shift team monitoring and investigating security events received from Customer's monitored IT estates so that potential attacks can be detected.
- Ensuring all Security Monitoring Systems and consoles are monitored meticulously in a timely fashion by the team.
- Reviewing alerts generated by SOC Analysts.
- Providing on the job mentoring, guidance and advice to all SOC analysts
- Identifying suspicious and/or anomalous activities and taking appropriate action based on documented processes and procedures.
- Checking system vulnerabilities and recommending remedial action to be taken.
- Performing analysis of log files.
- Development of SIEM rules
- Working with Customers to configure host IDS / IPS policies.
- Continuously seeking to identify potential service/tool improvements which will enhance the delivered services.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree
- 2+ years of administering and supporting Windows and Linux based operating systems and IT networking protocols
- 4+ years of working as a SOC Analyst (or 1 year as a Senior)
- Strong understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc), network vulnerabilities and network attack patterns.
- Strong understanding of IDS and IPS technologies, as well as Syslog.
- SANS GIAC GCIA
- SANS GIAC GCIH
- ITIL Foundation Course
- Knowledge of Full Packet Capture toolsets
If this role is of interest, please apply with your latest CV or contact Dillon Patel on /
Premier are acting as an employment agency