Corporation Tax Senior
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Guildford for a Corporate Tax Senior to join the existing team and to provide compliance, support and tax advice to a portfolio of clients.
Our client is a top 20 firm of chartered accountants and business advisers and provide a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a range of businesses and individuals across the UK and overseas. They have offices based across the South of England and have turnover of over £30 million.
As a Corporation Tax Senior you cover tax computations, tax returns, research and advisory work.
Main Duties Key duties will include:
• Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
• Taking an active lead on our compliance clients’ tax affairs by managing a portfolio of clients
• Providing support and training to the trainees in the team
• Preparation of basic tax advice for clients, including year-end planning
• Becoming involved with the day-to-day interactions with clients, for example attending meetings and the client’s site to discuss the company’s tax affairs
• Working directly with the Tax Director and Partners to provide a comprehensive tax offering to the firm’s clients
• Assisting others in the tax team and the office with any tax queries and providing support on advisory matters as required
• Developing client relationships to become the first point of contact for client queries
• Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered by the company
Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to at least ATT standard
• Have a solid tax background encompassing corporate tax issues or mixed tax
• An ability to manage a portfolio effectively and meet client expectations
• Team player and able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
• Ability to manage workload and time effectively and be a natural problem solver
• Self-motivation and positive attitude
• Ability to use initiative to assist clients without direct support
• Working knowledge of Alphatax desirable but not essential