SQL DBA Administrator
MBA are recruiting for an exciting global organisation where people are at the heart of everything they do. They are a strong, safe, and regulated organisation with an established and experienced management team that deliver ongoing excellence in customer service.
Crawford & Co is renowned for their claims management expertise. They work in partnership with their clients through shared values and enthusiasm to jointly focus on what matters most to customers. Their great training, combined with a commitment for continued development is a core value and they are now seeking like-minded claims and other professionals who share their passion.
We are currently recruiting for a SQL DBA Administrator to join our global Database Administration team here at Crawford & Co.
To join our current Database Administration team you will require the following skills:
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server (2008 R2 & 2014 preferable)
- Experience with Reporting Services
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Knowledge of MSSQL Database Replication
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Uses initiative and can work independently on database projects
As a SQL DBA Administrator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Application and promotion of development changes to the Test and Live environments
- Feedback recommendations to Development team
- Ensure availability and performance of the company MSSQL database systems
- Responsibility for security within the production SQL server environment
- Responsibility for test SQL server environment
- Responsible for improvement, maintenance (including roll out and upgrades) of production databases, along with troubleshooting and problem solving
- Working with database development team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Ownership, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
- Servicing database backups, maintenance, monitoring on a day to day basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner