Sous Chef - Poole, Dorset
Sous Chef - Rick Stein Sandbanks
Are you an experienced chef looking for the next step in your career? We’re looking for a Sous Chef to support our kitchen at Rick Stein Sandbanks.
You will share our passion for great food and support our Head Chef with the running of the kitchen. You will be a role model for the kitchen team and support with the team’s development.
Rick Stein Sandbanks was opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in November 2015, a beautifully bright restaurant enjoying views across the water on Sandbanks Road. Guests can enjoy a casual lunch with classic dishes such as crab salads and moules marinière, alongside seafood dishes including dover sole meunière, turbot hollandaise and fruits de mer. Our Kitchen at Rick Stein’s Sandbanks is one of our largest, you could be working within a team of over 30.
We’re passionate about working with fresh ingredients and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
Benefits for the successful Sous Chef:
- You’ll receive a share of tips from customers
- You’ll get 20% discount in all of our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- We’ll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- We’ll offer you progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across our restaurants
- You’ll have the opportunity to be promoted within the team
- You’ll be invited to summer events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You'll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
Responsibilities as a Sous Chef:
- Leading the Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Acting as a role model for the team
- Monitoring stock and wastage
- Ensuring dating and labelling of produce
- Assisting the Head Chef in the scheduling, development and recruiting of staff
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Sous Chef, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.