An international Education business based in Brighton seek an ACA or CTA qualified professional to join them in the newly created role of Tax Manager. The Tax Manager is a member of the Group finance team which has an overall remit to provide decision support and analysis to Board level.
Candidates who are looking for their first move to an inhouse Tax role will be considered alongside experienced industry Tax professionals.
This role will require occasional travel to various sites in the UK and abroad. However, this is a "gown up" working environment and as such you will be able to work from home too.
This newly created opportunity has arisen to support the Head of Tax (newly appointed in August 2016) in the overall objective of responding more effectively to the changing taxation needs and demands of a business which has seen significant international growth & increasing business complexity. The group seeks to minimise its tax liabilities, whilst ensuring full tax compliance, to avoid unnecessary tax exposures.
Key accountabilities and duties:
- Provide internal VAT/indirect taxes technical knowledge and capability. To be utilised particularly in respect of:
- preparation/review of group entity VAT returns, including special partial exemption calculation.
- consideration of the existing process for the preparation of the VAT returns and to identify/implement changes to improve the process to maximise efficiency in preparation and accuracy to minimise associated risk
- assisting with associated HMRC queries
- providing assistance with ad hoc VAT queries from group members
- assisting with implementation of VAT initiatives
- providing internal tax technical training, at the appropriate level
- assisting with ad hoc non-UK indirect tax queries
- Support the statutory accounts and budget processes in terms of tax disclosures and liabilities.
- likely to include specific work on deferred tax disclosures
- Support the Head of Tax on other ad hoc tax queries and tax planning initiatives being undertaken by the group. This may include initiatives across a number of territories (particularly, UK, USA, Hong Kong & China) including corporate tax, transfer pricing, VAT, income tax and employee mobility.
- likely to include researching tax technical matters
- Support the Head of Tax in embedding a clear tax governance process throughout the business.
- Work with the business and IT teams to implement appropriate processes and systems to ensure tax compliance throughout the business.
- Support the Head of Tax in keeping the group up to date with key tax technical changes
- Work with external tax advisors where necessary.