My client is a dynamic, multi-award winning, Chartered Accountancy Practice based in Durham that are now looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
In this role, you will be providing management accounts and general accounting services to a portfolio of clients so you must have experience working for a practice to be considered for this role.
- Prepare accounts and tax returns for both individuals and limited companies
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner and deal quickly and effectively with client queries
- Preparation of management accounts
- Ledger work, processing, bookkeeping, VAT returns
- Cash flow forecasts, funding requirements etc
- Liaise with the tax and payroll teams as necessary
- Using IRIS and SAGE accounting software
- Ideally you will be qualified (AAT or similar) with a minimum of 12 months practice experience
- Practical hands on accounting experience, including the preparation of management accounts, variance analysis etc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- IT literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook and Word as well as experience using IRIS and SAGE
For the right candidate my client is offering the following:
- Competitive and negotiable base salary depending on experience
- Opportunity to join a leading, reputable firm
- Genuine career progression
- Great working atmosphere and environment
- Loads of other company benefits that will be discussed with you at interview stage
This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional firm at an exciting time. To be considered send your CV to me as soon as possible as my client are shortlisting for interviews now.