Automation/Controls Systems Engineer - Food & Beverage
Automation/Control Systems Engineer
£35,000 to £45,000
Essex - with International travel
An opportunity has arisen for an Automation/Control Systems Engineer to join the software engineering team to assist with the ongoing development of our control system software.
To be considered for the position you must have a minimum of 3 years' automation / software control design experience within industrial automation, machinery, food packaging or process manufacturing environments.
Working as part of a team the successful candidate will report to the Automation/Electrical Manager and be responsible for designing software to within agreed timescales & budgetary constraints, working closely with fellow Software Engineers & Electrical Design Engineers.
The role will involve extensive worldwide travel to assist with the installation, commissioning and repair of the equipment.
A UK Passport is essential for the position.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness. Undertake risk assessments.
- Experienced with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC controlled automation in a continuous process or production environment including:
o Rockwell RSLogix 5000 & Studio 5000.
o Siemens Step 7 and TIA Portal.
o Communications networking (Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus and Profinet)
o Serial Communications using Modbus and ASCII protocols.
- Produce specifications and design documentation
- Configure and develop software for a wide variety of applications
- Need for high level engineering skills to cover all systems (PLC, SCADA, and a sound working knowledge of VFD's)
- Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis, possess a highly-developed fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Capable of following, understanding and developing improvement strategies within PLC ladder code.
Advantageous to have a working knowledge
o Stepper Drives
o Servo Drives
o Safety PLC & I/O
o Pneumatics and hydraulics.