Contracts Manager job, Bristol, working for large national house builder
Working for one of the countries leading house builders, you will be responsible for overseeing the development of sites from land acquisition to completion, ensuring that Programme, Quality and Cost targets are achieved within agreed budgets and timescales through the effective management of Site Managers and subcontractors.
- Pre-start site inspections and preparation of CDM pack and develop through construction plan.
- Prepare suitable tender list for subcontractors and suppliers, monitor their performance and feedback to Commercial department.
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
- Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
- Monitor Health and Safety performance to ensure compliance with legal obligations and Company requirements.
- Control additional costs for non-productives and prelim expenditure to ensure Group guidelines and take part in cost control meetings.
- Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager's role and ensure information, materials and contractors are available.
- Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a quality product.
- Liaise with purchasers to ensure we provide a suitable level of service after completion.
- Support the Site Manager in ensuring that on-site Construction teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload.
- Provide a professional interface with purchasers, external contacts, contractors, etc.
- Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Proven experience of working in a senior role in the construction industry, including managerial experience.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care
As well as the salary offered the package also includes:
- Car Allowance is £5,500 or selection of company cars i.e. Audi A3 Diesel Sportback/BMW 2 series etc.
- Immediate company pension with 5% minimum contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Buy/Sell Holiday
- A potential 15% bonus
- Discounted gym membership
- Sharesave scheme
- Employee Assistance programme