The Howard Academy Trust seeks to appoint a Finance Assistant to join the Central Finance Team at the Trust Head Office.
The Trust currently consists of five academies and is in a period of continuous growth. Our current family of schools consists of one secondary and four primary academies.
The successful candidate will be a team player, able to work using their own initiative and organised.
The core duties of the post are:
- Input standard information into the Trust’s financial system, PS Financials, in accordance with financial procedures.
- Process purchase orders for appropriate equipment and materials accurately with agreed authorisation and timescales and submit to supplier’s/budget holders.
- Process goods received notes on the Trust’s finance system against appropriate orders, checking for accuracy against quantity delivered and liaising with members of the school office team to confirm goods receipt or resolve any discrepancies.
- Process invoices within the terms stated by the supplier, ensuring the invoices are checked against purchase order and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with the agreed procedures and timescales.
- Deal with queries from suppliers, customers, academies and other parties as is necessary in a professional and efficient manner.
- Prepare pay lists for authorisation to process payments by BACS (or cheque in extreme circumstances) following the correct authorisation process.
- Raise sales invoices as directed by the Finance & HR Director/Financial Controller, including but not limited to all lettings invoices.
- Send remittance advice, sales receipts and other necessary communications to suppliers/customers in a timely manner.
- Receipt monies brought into the finance department and process funds received via Parent Pay on PS Financials.
- Process petty cash payments and keep appropriate records.
- Process general expenses and travel expenses.
- Maintain filing of financial information including scanning of invoices and associated documents and attaching to transactions within PSF.
The post will be based at The Howard School. Working hours are 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday.
The Howard Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
References will be taken up for those candidates short-listed for interview (unless otherwise requested). The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.