To support the finance team ensuring all payroll and cashier activities are undertaken on an accurate and timely basis for all Group companies. A typical week could be comprised of 1 day per week of payroll, ½-day pension reporting, 1-day payment runs, ½-day cashbook - leaving half a week to undertake other accounting tasks.
This position will be part of the overall Finance function of the business and will involve an element of support for other positions within Finance, as and when required. As such, the role will be very varied and interesting.
Reporting directly to Financial Controller.
- Timely and accurate, processing of the Groups weekly and monthly payroll.
- Resolve any queries on payroll related matters.
- Year End processing of payroll, P60’s, P11D’s etc.
- Month end payroll related balance sheet reconciliations to agree to P32’s.
- Liaison with the HMRC on employment matters.
- Link to the Human Resource department for all payroll matters.
- Financial administration.
- Pension scheme administration.
- Raising invoices for monthly payroll recharges to Group entities.
- Aid the finance team to meet its deadlines within tight reporting timelines.
- Daily and weekly reporting of the business KPI’s.
- Cashbook reconciliation for all Group companies on a weekly basis.
- All Bacs payments to all the Groups suppliers
- Processing of all the Groups expense claims to meet internal deadlines.
- Any other ad-hoc duties when required by the business.
- Self-motivation and a reliable, trustworthy, and honest nature are crucial.
- To be able to work to a high level of accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role in a fast paced environment. Please note payroll experience is not essential as training will be given in this area.
- Polite and professional telephone manner.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel - although basic skills are also accepted as training can be provided if necessary.
- A team player with a pleasant and affable personality.
- Payroll experience is not essential as training is available but a "can do" attitude and pro-active approach is essential to be considered for this role.