My client a well known and much sought after company are currently recruiting a Category Buyer. Purpose of the role is to improve commercial value within the client’s supply chain reviewing a range of food and non-food categories for their catering business across the UK and Ireland. You will execute a range of strategies to review an agreed range of categories to support the client’s goal to be recognised as the most distinctive workplace catering experts.
Duties to include but limited to:
- Support the overall business growth strategy across the UK and Ireland driving commercial value to meet business objectives and commercial targets.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders across our teams, based on our ideals to ensure the procurement function meets the objectives of our teams and support functions.
- Support the procurement function to manage supplier performance, developing relationships to ensure the client operate a sustainable supply chain across the business.
- Use MI, data analysis and in-sight to leverage commercial and efficiency savings for in-year and annualised savings targets.
- Create value optimisation on sourcing activity plans utilising SRM and e- commerce portals.
- Mitigate risk within the supply chain through supplier audit activity and Business Continuity Plans(BCP).
- Compliance with procurement policy, processes and procedures.
- Support client and bid pipeline, implementing procurement initiatives from initial bid stage onwards.
- Educated to degree level or with MCIPS qualifications preferable.
- Demonstrable sourcing and category buying experience, ideally within the food service, retail or catering supply chain markets.
- Commercial acumen in line with business scale and spend.
- Proven, solid influencing and negotiation skills.
- Stakeholder management and personal development experience with the ability to challenge, inspire and ensure team members excel in their roles.
- First class personal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced analytical skills, ideally aligned to e-commerce experience and knowledge.