We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join a dynamic, market-driven manufacturing company. Further, this position offers the opportunity for study support after 12 months.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will:
- Become proficient in the use of Epicor ERP software and assume overall responsibility for the supplier ledger.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and other departments, to resolve any invoice or purchase order queries, and to ensure timely supplier payments.
- Ensure all invoices/credit notes are processed in a timely manner to meet required payment run dates.
- Raise payments in line with supplier terms, ensuring that supply of product is not delayed by late payment.
- Review Computime Real Time clocking-in software and process weekly Sage 50 Payroll. Resolving any queries, and ensuring that all staff are paid accurately to required deadlines.
- Provide assistance to Finance Manager and Finance team with the production of timely and accurate management information and with any general requests for finance related data.
- Matching all supplier and haulier invoices to the GRNI and processing in batches.
- Processing all cash and credit card expense claims, posting to the system and raising payments to employees through RBS Bankline.
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Performing weekly/monthly BACS payment runs through RBS Bankline software and ad hoc BACS/CHAPS payments as required.
- Month end ledger reconciliation and closure to strict deadlines.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Process incoming Finance mail.
- Process weekly wages, controlling the deduction of pensions, PAYE, CSA, AOE’s or any other maintenance payments that may arise.
- Prepare and distribute daily management reporting figures.
- To stop any business process or quarantine any product if quality, environment or health and safety is likely to be compromised.
- Recommend actions for continuous improvement.
- General office maintenance and awareness of Health & Safety.
- Providing cover within Finance department as required.
- Receiving or giving training as per business requirements. Monitoring those who have been trained and providing ongoing assistance if required.
- Assist with any audit requests or any general ad hoc requests for information.
- Assist with any other activity the business deems necessary.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Able to work on own initiative or with others with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in a demanding accounts environment.
- Delivering to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and software.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Organised, methodical and process driven.
- Reliable and conscientious.
- Problem solver.
- Anticipates potential issues/forethought.
- Sage 50 Payroll experience desirable
- ERP system experience