The role of Category Manager is for a well known and highly established high street retail brand based in Bath. They are looking for someone with strong negotiation skills the ability to innovate and expand the current product selection for the customer.
This client is a high street retailer who are expanding across Europe within the home sector.
The role of Category Manager within Bath is looking for someone who can -
Achieve sales and profitability targets as agreed by the Senior Buyer
Develop your category in line with market trends/customer requirements that deliver optimum commercial benefit
Manage the supplier base in line with company policy and commercial objectives, proposing additions and deletions through the Range Review process
Develop, in conjunction with Senior Buyer, trading plans for the range to deliver sales and profit targets
Identify and implement opportunities to source products at a lower price/higher margin
Be involved in (and where relevant lead) negotiations with vendors and Sourcing Office, as agreed with Senior Buyer
Research and respond effectively to emerging competitor and customer activity
The successful Category Manager would have the below skill set -
* Proven experience of working within a Buying team as a Buyer or Trainee Buyer
* Highly numerate and commercial; able to demonstrate ability or experience in analysing and interpreting large amounts of data
* Prior experience of working to deadlines and self-managing associated workload is essential with ability to multi-task and deal with constant pressure
* Proven ability to work on own initiative, and to propose ideas and solutions
* Proven experience at working cross-functionally along with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
* As travel is a part of this role, a full and valid UK driver's licence is essential
* Ideally have a European language
* Judgement - makes high quality decisions by taking a balanced view of the situation evaluating all relevant information and reaching a logical conclusion
* Drive - sets challenging personal goals and demonstrated personal energy, drive and determination to achieve even in the face of pressure or problems whilst maintaining working relationships.
* Interpersonal Effectiveness - displays a positive personal impact with inner confidence. Is able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and to influence the views of others through effective persuasion
* Commercial Focus - demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company and uses this knowledge to improve results
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits