KCR Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Finance Accountant for our fantastic client in Washington. They are looking for someone who can ensure all finance activities are accurate and to deadline. The successful candidate will earn £27,000 - £30,000pa.
- Assist and support finance team as and when required.
- Check the Logistics monthly supplier payment run before administrators/officers input into Barclays and check all payments as required.
- Ensure correct authorisation of payments in Barclays bank and file bacs paperwork
- Collate data and input into the weekly AR report, once checked by FM, email according to deadlines.
- Prepare consolidated monthly VAT returns, once checked and approved by FM, input into HMRC site, print and file paperwork.
- Reconcile VAT accounts monthly.
- Prepare Logistics prepayments and journal, import and reconcile at month end
- Check Logistics purchase invoice accrual journal & reversal
- Check Logistics GBP, currency and voucher reconciliations are completed by finance administrator by deadlines.
- Check and prepare data in Variable & Overhead accruals, create and post journals and reconcile at month end.
- Check and prepare data for deferred costs, create and post journals and reconcile at month end.
- Check all month end journals are posted and balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Check and reconcile Claim Log at month end.
- Collate data into the monthly Performance Report, send reports according to deadlines.
- Collate data and input into the monthly AR report, email according to monthly deadlines.
- Schedule VTC reports - monthly, quarterly, annually, collate data and once checked by FM, send reports according to deadlines.
- Manage cost down schedule and ensure accurate releases as per schedules.
- Attend Logistics monthly credit control meetings and support where needed.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts, providing data where needed.
- Assist finance manager with quarterly financial data entry input.
- Assist with checking finance files and processes in preparation of internal and external audits.
- Assist with internal and external audit preparation.
- Any other duties as covered by your contract of employment and to support team.
- Knowledge of all areas of finance (Sales, Purchases, Banking, Balance sheet, Profit and Loss and Budgeting)
- Knowledge and use of Sage accounting systems
- Knowledge of financial journals and analysis of financial costings
- Knowledge of using Internet banking systems
- Knowledge of working within a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of VAT preparation & returns and reconciliations
- Experience of analysing complex financial data and presenting findings
- Experience of supervising a team, ensuring efficiency and deadlines are met, managing and resolving conflict.