1st Line Engineer
My client is a well respected leader in their field, and they are seeking a 1st Line Engineer to join their team. Duties are detailed below.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary technical team.
- First point of contact with the Service Desk for client telephony calls
- Receiving and owning issues; enquiries and change requests for support from clients and prioritise these requests accordingly.
- Performing a proactive role in monitoring systems.
- Manage the escalation to 2nd Line Support for all relevant Customer reported incidents.
- Utilise prescribed software and tools to manage the progress of a fault/incident from inception/alert through to successful resolution and closure, including post-incident documentation and reporting.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnosis for all issues using the technical resources and managements and monitoring tools available.
- Ensuring Incident Management procedures are followed.
- Accurate and relevant logging of all customer requests and incidents using the Network Operations ticketing system.
- Attempting to resolve user issues before they require escalating.
- Carry out all operational tasks and duties as defined within existing Operational Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
Experience within a related IT role is essential for this role. Practical knowledge is also essential with experience of WAN/Lan Technologies. This role will require own transport due to company location.
*First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.