Business Development Manager
My client is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the sales of Planning Portal and third-party/partner products and services to B2B customers and local authorities across England and Wales.
- Take ownership of meeting/exceeding B2B revenue lines, as agreed with the Head of Business Development.
- Sell existing and new products to the B2B and LA market across England and Wales in line with targets given, including identifying new customers.
- Work with the Head of Business Development and Marketing Communications Manager to identify the optimal market positioning, USPs and sales/marketing messages for new products.
- Ensure customer information is collected and passed to the Finance team in a timely manner, so as not to delay revenue collection
- Ensure all contact/organisation data, activities, leads, opportunities and sales are entered and maintained in the CRM in a timely manner.
- Actively seek insight into our existing products and services (what works and what could be improved) and feed it into the insight process.
- Actively seek insight into challenges around the planning/building process which could present a commercial opportunity for PPQ and feed it into the insight process.
- Support the development of appropriate business cases as required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales capacity.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Proven track record of new business development.
- Experience of launching new products into a marketplace successfully.
- An effective influencer at all levels.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Organised and able to deliver multiple priorities to deadlines.
- Demonstrable skills in taking ownership of targets and developing/executing plans to deliver them.
- A team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues, customers and partners.
- Able to work closely with and motivate other team members with good staff management skills and experience.
- An effective communicator, with strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent IT literacy.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or similar) preferred.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience of the planning and/or building sector preferred
The successful candidate should have at least ONE of the following:
o Bachelors degree or equivalent
o Sales qualification
o Professional qualification
Please call Debbie Harris or Emma Smith on - email or