Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant needed for busy small practice
Salary between £22,000 pa. and £25,000 pa. depending upon experience and qualifications
The position is full-time.
Opportunity to work in a small accountancy practice in the Godalming/Guildford area serving the local small business community.
Lots of task variety with a chance to meet and work with a wide range of different clients and business types.
The practice is part of a much larger national network which offers important training opportunities.
General book-keeping for clients and accounting duties to include;
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
Processing invoices, receipts and payments.
- The Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant will prepare statements showing income and expenditure.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Payroll processing.
- The Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant will help prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets (up to ETB).
- Preparing self assessment tax returns.
- The Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant will prepare company tax returns.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- The Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant will maintain regular consistent. and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
Applicants must be comfortable working in a team environment and need to have strong communication skills.
Applicants must be able to work to deadlines and must be IT literate.
Competence with Microsoft Office products is essential, especially with use of MS-Excel. Applicants should also be competent with computer/cloud based accounting systems (ideally QuickBooks Online or similar).
Additional training will be provided where necessary.