Product Manager - Marketing
Our client based near Yeovil, is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of cleaning equipment. Their portfolio includes one of the most recognisable cleaning products in the market. Due to continued success and ongoing growth plans, they are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their brand-new marketing team. The Product Manager will be responsible for product line contribution as a business unit, requiring a unique blend of commercial and technical awareness, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
In return for this new and existing position, there is a comprehensive package on offer, including, a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, laptop and mobile phone. There is also the much sought-after opportunity for career progression as the team matures and expands in the future.
Daily duties to include:
- Working with an established product portfolio, overseeing and managing their life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Project managing new product development to include thorough market research by conducting regular ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Working with the engineering and manufacturing teams to develop and write product requirements and specifications through to execution
- Engaging with the sales team to advise them of the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Devising a pricing and go-to-market strategy, ensuring they are commercially viable and meet customer needs
- Analysing and understanding the worldwide markets and competitor activities and serving as an internal and external brand ambassador
- Proposing, exploring and developing new and innovative ways to maximise the company’s brand
Due to the nature of the Product Manager role, good communication and interpersonal skills are required alongside a strategic mind that possesses a creative flair. The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience and personal achievements within a similar marketing, business development or sales management environment. An associated Marketing and/or Business Studies degree with recognised professional qualifications i.e. CIM, would be beneficial.
If you are interested in this position or are keen to hear more details then please contact me as the client is keen to get the successful person onboard ASAP.