Manager (Audit, Accounts & Tax)
Rare opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager (spanning audit, accounts and tax) to join this growing, and rural South-West Kent firm.
Whilst the majority of this firm’s clients are based locally to Kent, they do possess a presence in London and across the South-East of England.
Candidates must be ACA or ACCA exam qualified with at least 2 years’ PQE and have the following experience:
- Current knowledge of International Auditing Standards & FRS 102
- Business plans/forecasts on Excel
- IRIS or similar software, some Sage
- Commerciality, including good organisational capabilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Partners.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries and tasks given by the Partners.
- Understanding client requirements, monitoring work-in progress against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client manager aware of status and issues.
- To liaise with the clients on all aspects of the audit or accounts and to be the point of contact for any ad hoc queries.
- Job planning, supervision and finalisation.
- To plan the audit work and implement that plan, identifying key issues.
- To plan staffing requirements for audits.
- To review work done by junior staff.
- To prepare and finalise statutory accounts.
- Attend external and internal meetings.
- Work as a team with the managers.
- To provide a link between the staff and managers.
- Act as a senior on jobs.
- To coach and develop junior team members and provide constructive feedback.
This is a high visibility role with a fast track route to Partner on offer for a successful candidate willing to 'grasp the nettle’.
Really strong salary and package on offer for a role of this nature based in Kent.
For further information or to express an initial interest then please do not hesitate to contact Robin.