This role is an opportunity for a confident Technical Specialist or Solutions Architect with a good knowledge of geospatial intelligence, architecture and applications, specifically in the ISTAR and C2 domains to join our high profile Consulting Team. The successful applicant will be looking to take a leading role in the growth of an ambitious, high technology business supply services in support of defence Research and Technology projects. They will need to be innovative with good business analysis skills, able to work with Senior Management and Stakeholders at all levels. Applicants should have a strong background in software and systems development and be familiar with SOA and SDI.
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis, research, conference papers and presentations
- Assist with business development and relationship management.
- Provide technical services on projects including through-life system requirements, consultancy, system design and support.
- Act as a subject matter expert and a Company technical representative.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to spatial data infrastructures, SOA, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Participate in bid preparation, helping define the scope and identify risks as well as providing technical leadership and coordination of requirements.
- Assist in developing solutions based on the products and technologies
- Provide a support service to clients to identify and solve problems.
- Collaborate with the saes team Identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, SOA, OGC Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Write and present technical papers at relevant conferences
- Provide technical and domain input to project and product proposals.
- Supporting Project Managers in the planning and delivery of projects including attending project meetings, providing a senior project technical oversight.
- Act as technical authority for the delivery of projects, providing leadership and guidance to the technical teams as required.
- Responsible for analysing customer requirements, and generating the Requirements documentation where appropriate
- Act as a System Design Authority, generating and approving specifications for the Delivery / Engineering team.
- Work with Technical Authorities including the Chief Engineer, Technical Leads and other Consultants to enhance and evolve the company’s products and technologies