Web Development Engineer
Kinect’s consultancy client requires a hands-on software engineer with a passion for technology, educated to degree level in an engineering or computer science discipline. The candidate must be a clear thinker with excellent analysis, problem solving & communication skills
Experience and Skills
- Experience using open source frameworks such as OpenLayers, Angular2, Dojo, and JQuery.
- An understanding of object oriented design and development is essential. Expertise in design methodologies such as UML would be useful.
- Experience in HTML (5) and CSS (3), LESS or SASS.
- Capable of writing automated unit and end-to-end tests in Jasmine, Selenium and Protractor.
- Capable of understanding and interacting with complex web service APIs.
- Experience with source control software, IDEs and issue trackers such as Visual Studio Code, JIRA, BitBucket and GIT.
- Experience in integrating with a continuous integration environment to automate builds and test runs.
- The ability to create, administrate and maintain supporting web services in Java or NodeJS is desirable.
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle would be highly desirable.
- Degree or industry recognised equivalent in computer science or software development is preferred though consideration will be given to candidates with experience in a numerate discipline
Be conversant with company quality control processes, procedures and practices, and apply them appropriately at all stages of the software development life cycle including appropriate reviews and authorisation processes. Work on various projects as directed by the Operations Manager or delegated representative. May be required to work on multiple projects concurrently. With guidance from Design Authorities, Technical Leads and Engineers, work in many stages of the development life cycle:
- System and Software Implementation
- Unit, Component, Integration, System and Acceptance Testing
- Limited Installation and Deployment
- Support and Maintenance
- All levels of documentation.
Undertake software development in at least one of the major object oriented programming languages used within the company, but with the flexibility to adapt to other languages and platforms as appropriate to the needs of the business. Monitor and report progress and effort to complete a task to the Project Managers of assigned projects, highlighting issues and risks that could affect timescales, costs or quality of the work being undertaken.
Handle limited contact with technical clients in a professional manner. With guidance, balance the need for properly engineered system attributes such as breadth of functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency security, safety, maintainability, against fit for purpose, cost and time constraints. Provide occasional, limited pre-sales support to the Business Development team.
Assist with the post-sales support activity on both products and projects. Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate company and industry standard engineering practices, skill and tools usage.