LegalinX-7Side are looking to recruit a talented Assistant Accountant. This is an opportunity in a growing, fast paced and dynamic Digital Information business, which offers an array of information products to the legal and commerce communities.
Diligent, with an eye for detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines, you will have a passion for accounting.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Product costing
- Maintenance of sales ledger, to include importing of sales transactions to finance system, investigation of variances and reconciliation to in-house ordering system.
- Checking invoicing for accuracy.
- Daily processing of client receipts and cashbook transactions.
- Opening new accounts using in-house software system, credit checking clients.
- Credit control, producing month end client statements, chasing overdue debt, working with account managers to resolve client queries.
- Preparing prepayments and accruals schedules.
- Posting nominal journals and reconciling balance sheet and control accounts.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Review and recommend improevments to internal systems.
- Monthly payroll preparation.
- Preparation of month end management accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Completing year-end analysis and assisting with year end audit.
- To undertake such accounting tasks as necessary and as indicated by the CFO.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Good negotiation skills
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel to intermediate level
- Good working knowledge of ICT, Outlook and Sage 200
- Proven accounting experience in a varied finance role
- 3 years + in an accounting environment, credit control experience preferred
- Working towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA,CIMA) preferred
At LegalinX-7Side, we value performance, productivity, resilience, excellence, respect, teamwork, ownership and service. If you can demonstrate how you’ve incorporated these values into your life and career to date, we’d love to hear from you.
In return, we offer you this exciting opportunity to progress your career within our dynamic, successful company. At LegalinX-7Side, we value our people, and regularly reward those who work hard to contribute to our success. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a business in which you can really grow and develop.