Nicholas Associates Finance is working with a prestigious manufacturing business based in Coventry.
Reporting to the General Manager you will head a team of 5 direct reports.
The Finance Director will be responsible for:
- The preparation of monthly accounts, annual budgets and the efficient operation of the company's accounting and finance function.
- Currency hedging and monitoring of risk positions.
- Compliance with all statutory reporting requirements, and group reporting requirements including adherence to its Finance Manual and commercial operating limits.
- Providing strategic input to the General Manager, senior management and the Board of Directors in support of the company's continued growth and development.
- Development of full cost accounting; giving management a thorough understanding of the true cost of manufacturing, both material processing and overhead.
- Development and roll out of departmental budgets.
- Establishing relevant financial KPI’s.
- Management of the accounts department comprising a Financial Controller and other staff as appropriate. Tasks undertaken by the accounts department include:
? Production of monthly financial and management accounts.
? Preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
? Year-end accounts.
? Monthly reconciliations.
? Monthly stock and associated hedging reconciliations.
? Credit control.
? VAT returns.
? Payroll (monthly and weekly).
- As part of senior management, advising the General Manager and management team on commercial and credit control/contractual matters.
- Liaising with group Treasury on currency hedging and the head office finance function.
- Monitoring trading risk limits and risk positions.
- Managing the Company’s bank facilities.
- Managing the Company’s software packages and networks, using external software management companies as appropriate.
- Cheque signing.
The candidate must be a qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA with experience of line management in a similar sized business. The candidate will probably be a graduate with a sound commercial appreciation of market operations. Ideally the candidate should be familiar with foreign currency accounting.
The candidate should be able to process large amounts of a data in a logical manner and to provide this information to management and the production and commercial departments in a timely manner.
Advanced knowledge of excel spreadsheets is essential.
Personal qualities of resilience, accuracy and the ability to quickly establish strong working relationships in a busy environment will be important.
Please forward your CV in the strictest of confidence.