Technical Support Advisor
Technical Support Advisor – Saint-Gobain Building Glass UK & Ireland
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Advisor to join our passionate and knowledgeable team. The successful candidate will deliver a range of technical support services to assist our Technical Specification and Sales Teams as well as Supply Chain Partners in order to facilitate the sale of high-value glass products primarily into the commercial sector. In particular the role will have a specific focus on providing acoustic, thermal and mechanical calculations to assess glass performance and suitability.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Technical Support Advisor you will;
- Support supply chain partners, and the Technical Specification team, with calculations and assessments
- Work closely with the Technical Specification Team to provide technical glass specification support to maximise project and sales opportunities
- Up skill supply chain partners in the technical aspects of glass performance and design, specifically with Saint-Gobain Building Glass products
- Produce monthly KPI’s of technical support and training
Am I who you are looking for?
For the Technical Support Advisor role it is important that you have:
- A strong technical/scientific background in materials, preferably glass
- Experience of construction, specifically with regards UK and European Building Regulations
- Knowledge of standards applicable to the glass and glazing industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to communicate complex technical information in a manner appropriate for the recipient
- A willingness to travel (UK/Ireland)
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries…
This vacancy is working for Building Glass UK & Ireland. Building Glass is the leading manufacturer of glass for the built environment in the UK.
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Building Glass UK & Ireland is able to offer a competitive starting salary and extensive benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Building Glass UK&I or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
Salary – Up to 33k dependent on skills and experience (plus bonus)
Pension – We offer a competitive pension through Standard Life, if you contribute a minimum of 4% the Company will contribute 6%. In addition all employees receive Life Assurance cover.
Benefits – We offer a wide range of employee benefits including a Cycle To Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Saint-Gobain Share Schemes and Group Discounts to name a few…
Location – We are flexible on location, the role could be based at our Eggborough, Rotherham or Coventry branch to suit the candidate.
What do I need to do now?
Do you have experience of working in the glass or glazing solutions market? If so, we would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.