Technical Pre-Sales Executive
- The primary role for the Technical Pre-Sales Executive will be to support the sales team in achieving success by providing professional and technical levels of customer facing support
- To provide sales support, training and consultancy services, including application demonstrations to potential and existing customers in support of sales of products and services.
- To liaise with the engineering department to share customer experiences and needs, and to better understand the roadmap of products and services.
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis, research, conference papers and presentations
- Assist with business development and relationship management.
- Provide technical services on projects including through-life system requirements, consultancy, system design and support.
- Act as a subject matter expert and a Company technical representative.
- Be able to translate customer technical requirements in specific technology solutions
- Proven ability to communicate complex technology in layman’s terms focusing on value and benefits
- Have an awareness of C++ (probably using Visual Studio on PC), any other languages and specific development environments / target platforms would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of JAVA and J2EE and / or willingness to learn and apply JAVA and J2EE is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of IT market, trends and industry
- Ability to be SC cleared
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support both technical & non-technical clients in order to establish confidence in all areas of specialist expertise and to enhance the client’s reputation.
- Support the sales team with custom demonstrations and technical level presentations.
- Provide technical input and guidance for RFP’s and other customer bids.
- Provide software system requirements analysis for clients and prepare written reports and proposals with technical and marketing support where necessary.
- Provide internal analysis and intelligence reports on prospects’ existing technology and competitor solutions.
- Prepare, provide and assess training courses and workshop sessions to groups of technical and/or non-technical people including presentations and hands-on instruction.
- Provide support in understanding competitive products.
- Maintain a detailed technical understanding of company’s products and services.
- Take proper care of all Company assets entrusted to your care including laptops, mobiles etc.
- Assist with maintenance of an accurate customer database.
- Excellent communicator with strong written English skills
- Ability to present information in terminology applicable to all levels
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Have the ability to plan & estimate own work competently
- Carry out work with minimal supervision after setting of priorities
- Demonstrate adaptability and versatility in handling clients’ technical needs and be able to assimilate new material & requirements quickly