This Dealing Manager position, based in central Bristol, near a variety of shops, bars and restaurants, benefitting from easy access by bus and park and ride, will see you reporting into and working closely with Operations Manager.
Using your knowledge, expertise and people management skills you’ll lead the Dealing Team.
Salary on offer is up to £37,000 with excellent benefits to include 25 days holiday plus public holidays, 4 x Death in Service, PMI and Income protection, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Gym subsidy and discretionary bonus scheme. Also, upon successful completion of your probationary period you’ll benefit from a 20% non-contributory pension contribution
If you possess energy, drive, a proactive & collaborative approach with the ability to lead others and put forward new ideas then this position could offer you the chance to really progress your career within the investment management field.
As Dealing Manager your day to day activities will include:
- Being responsible for the day to day running of the Dealing team, including the management and review of all work within the team, leading and developing the team and ensuring the team are working collaboratively and successfully at all times
- The everyday running of the Dealing desk, with the primary focus of ensuring that all of the daily trades are placed in the market and executed on the system in line with internal SLA’s
- Ensuring the team are successfully liaising with external Fund Managers and Counterparties with regards to setting up new agency and fund requests and making sure that the instruments are set up and reviewed within the system prior to go live
- Reviewing processes on a regular basis, offering process improvement suggestions and helping implement additional controls in line with the change process used within the business
- Working closely alongside the Investment Management Team to ensure the team are aware of any solution changes approved by Investment Management Team and the impact the changes will have with regards to the daily dealing
- Ensuring any incidents caused by missed Dealing VP’s are investigated and resolved, along with full root cause analysis.
- Being responsible for ensuring that all Corporate Actions are processed in line with internal SLA’s.
- Relevant dealing management experience gained within a similar role within an investment management company /platform environment
- Strong dealing experience, ideally 3+ years
- Good communication, interpersonal and people-management skills
- Experience of placing OEIC, Unit Trust and ETF trades
- Experience of using EMX and Calastone coupled with experience of processing conversions, dividends and other Corporate Actions
- The ability to work well under pressure coupled with strong organisational skills
- A good eye for detail; be efficient and accurate
- Strength to challenge current processes and develop better ways of working
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including strong Excel knowledge.
An award-winning business who offer sophisticated investment management services via an online portal to the IFA/Wealth Management profession. Named as one of 2015’s top 50 financial technology companies in Europe, with over £2billion in assets under management and more than 1000 adviser firms using their services. A dynamic and growing business offering an excellent working environment/culture coupled with study support and good career progression opportunities.
If you apply for this position, we thank you for taking the time to do so; all applications are read thoroughly. If you do not receive a response from us within 2-3 working days it will be because your application, on this occasion, has not been successful.