Accounts and Tax Senior
A new opportunity has become available within a well-established practice based in Southport. This is a fantastic role combining accounts and tax duties where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. The working hours are 35hrs per week - 9 to 5 Monday to Friday with a 4pm finish on Fridays and the holidays are 25 days plus bank holidays.
They are looking for an ambitious individual who has established experience within an accountancy practice and is looking to develop further in this area. This role will be most suited to someone who enjoys a challenge, is motivated to work hard and looking to increase their knowledge within a thriving firm.
The Accounts and Tax Senior will be responsible for:
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Liaising with clients over queries
- Reporting to manager and/or direct to partner
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of personal tax returns for clients, including Directors, Sole Traders ,Partnerships and High Net Worth Individuals
- Preparation of documentation to support the tax returns, including income & expenditure accounts and rental statements & investment schedules
- Checking tax liabilities and advising clients
- Preparing projections of tax liabilities
- Advising clients in relation to adhoc queries
- Corresponding with the Inland Revenue and dealing with HMRC Enquiries
- Preparation of Schedule D tax liabilities from accounts
- Preparation of P11d’s
- Ability to work to budgets and invoicing clients
Essential Requirements are:
- Qualified/Studier or QBE
- Good communicator at all levels
- Personable and able to get on with the team and clients
- Highly motivated and keen to progress
- Own transport since there will be a need to go out to client premises
If you have all of the above requirements for the Accounts and Tax Senior position, then please apply now using the link below.
The above vacancyis only one of many thatwe are handling. Marshall Moore Practice division specialises in recruiting all types of practice vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments including:
- Audit Senior/Accounts Senior/Tax Senior and Semi-Senior
- Audit Manager
- Corporate Finance Specialist
- Transactional Service Analyst
- Partner and Practice Manager
Marshall Moore is a leading specialist recruitment consultancy. If you would like a confidential discussion about your requirements, please don’t hesitate to call Marshall Moore at our Liverpool office. Alternatively submit your CV for immediate consideration and you will be contacted by one of our specialist consultants.
Here at Marshall Moore we offer a generous referral scheme for practice candidates. As a thank you for referring us a practice candidate that we do not already have actively registered, once we have successfully placed them, we will send you high street vouchers to the following values:
Non-Qualified - £100
Qualified (ACA/ ACCA/CTA) - £250
This referral scheme is on a 'per candidate’ basis from any practice discipline, so the more people you refer, the more you will benefit! Please make sure when they apply they make it clear that you referred them to us.