Business Manager / Head of Finance - Part time
Salary: £38,237 pro rata (£21,702)
Skills: SageLine 50, Excel skills, finance experience, qualified or qualified by experience
Hours: Three days a week 8:30 to 3:30 Monday, Wednesday and Friday
***Closing date for applications: 30th August 2017
****Interviews to be held at the beginning of September
Working for a safe happy and caring boarding school on the outskirts of Horsham. The purpose of the role is to provide financial and operational support to the School. As well as all financial duties expected as Head of Finance, the successful applicant will provide a pivotal role in the smooth running of the School.
What will your working week be like?
- To be active in the planning and implementation of strategic management programmes and in monitoring, evaluating and revising as appropriate on a regular basis. This is to involve close liaison with all staff working within the school.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the development of the school. This will include participation in and to staff in-service training, formal and informal discussions with staff, the need to work as an equal part of the whole group and an ability to offer innovative ideas and present them to the group.
- Act as correspondent for Charities Commission ensuring full compliance with Charity Law
- Act as Company Secretary ensuring full compliance with Company Law and filing company house returns.
- Overall Responsibility for the work of the finance office
- Preparation of the Annual Budget and the reporting to the Governors on the Financial position of the school.
- Maintenance of the School’s accounting records on the agreed software package (currently Sage)
- Drafting of Trustee Report for annual Statutory Accounts
- Liaison with LEA’s re Fee Increase and full cost calculation
- Salary Review Data - Oversight
- Assisting the Principal on a day to day basis and to report to him where major deviations from budget are likely to occur in order that appropriate action can be taken.
- Being a signatory of the school’s bank accounts and ensuring to your satisfaction that all cheques drawn on the main account are in respect of supplies or services which have been properly authorised. The effective management of surplus funds.
- Liaising with the School auditors as necessary to obtain approval of the Statutory Accounts.
- The completion of statutory returns from the National Statistics Office.
- Administration and overview of the School’s Payroll Service Providers (currently WSCC) and liaison with the Principal’s Secretary in collating figures and data.
- Being present at the Finance& Estates Sub-Committees and the Half-Termly Governors Meetings in order to present reports and advice as is appropriate.
- Assisting the Principal with the trading company supporting the School, with particular reference to the legal obligations of, and implications to, the school.
- To perform any other task that the Principal, Chair of Governors, Finance and Trustees may reasonably require.
- Line Management to two employees
Who will suit this role?
The successful candidate will have previous experience within a similar role and hold knowledge of SageLine 50, Business operations and Finance direction.
- Experience of working within a Finance role- Qualified or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of month end / Accruals / Budget control / Bursary / Annual forecast/ Insurance Renewals / Service Level agreements
- Must have full knowledge of SAGE Line 50
- Business management experience - Legal claims / Facilities management / charity commission / Marketing
- Excellent and confident Excel skills
- Ability to involve themselves with the team
- Line management
- Education experience
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.