Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Outskirts of Horsham
Up to £24,000 per annum
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity, somewhere you can develop your existing skills and grow within the company? Are you currently studying or just completed an accountancy related qualification? If so we have the role for you!
A reputable and growing organisation based outside of Horsham, is seeking an Assistant Accounts Administrator to join them on a Permanent basis. You will be working within a large, lively team, undertaking a varied, interesting accounts role.
Due to the location we do also require someone who is able to drive.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines are met
- To maintain supplier details and payment terms, and to ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice
- To ensure good internal control with respect to the Purchase Ledger function. For example, Purchase orders are raised and signed by the appropriate signatories, so invoices can be signed by the appropriate signatories and coded correctly
- Code and check supplier invoices / Post onto Purchase Ledger
- To diarise invoices in payment date
- To prepare payment batches and enter payment through BACS or manual Bill Payment for all due balances on a regular basis, in accordance with supplier's terms and conditions, or in accordance with financial policies and procedures
- To produce payment report for the Financial Accountant before processing payment to Bank
- To reconcile supplier statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts
- File invoices, credit notes and statements, including archiving
- Process early settlement payments
- Investigate, resolve and follow up purchase ledger queries to resolution as required
- E-mailing and faxing of remittance notices to suppliers
- Collect expense claims on a monthly basis and ensure expense requests are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Ensure expense claims comply with the expense policies
- Update Purchase Ledger or Cashbook with direct debit and purchase card payments in order for the bank to be reconciled
- To assist in any other activities within the Financial Department
We are shortlisting for this role this week, so please apply today, or contact Jenny-Marie Railton on for more details.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.