We are delighted to be working with a, progressive firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Croydonwho are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join the team following significant business growth.
One of the leading surveying firms in the South East my client is offering an experienced Finance Manager to take on a varied role and responsibility for the daily and monthly management of the accounting function. The business engages with an external accountancy firm for statutory reporting, year end and payroll. The Finance Manager will be accountable for liaising with the practice, maintaining the ledgers and producing management accounts for presentation on a monthly basis.
The Finance Manager will be a real support to the Managing Director, ensuring he is kept informed of how the business is performing from month to month. There will also be some involvement with the owner's other business, a property investment company, dealing with the submission of VAT returns and accounting for rental income and expenditure.
Duties of the Finance Manager include:
- Ensuring that all key control accounts reconcile to the trial balance on a monthly basis. I.e. paye control, VAT control, intercompany balances, aged debtors, aged creditors, bank accounts, expenses control account, net salary control and fixed assets.
- Processing all bank payments, receipts, standing orders, direct debits and bank transfers (VAT, wages, expenses) and query payments when necessary.
- Preparation of cheques when required.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Monthly payroll journals (external accountancy firm processes the payroll).
- Monthly depreciation journals.
- Monthly accruals & prepayments on an ad-hoc basis.
- Fixed asset register maintenance.
- Credit control and cash flow management.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Purchase & sales ledger maintenance, posting & raising of invoices.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary and variance analysis.
- Regular review of the accounts and investigation of variances.
- Presentation of management accounts to the MD in a monthly meeting.
- Improve and streamline financial processes and procedures where necessary.
- Educate the MD on the accounting function as a whole while acting as a business partner.
Required skills & experience:
- Experience of carrying out a similar role within a small company.
- Experience of using Xero would be highly advantageous.
- Commercially minded and proactive individual who can work under their own steam.
- Well organised and able to work within strict timescales and to deadlines.
If you are hardworking and a team player with an interest in forwarding your career within a business where your commercial input will be valued and you are a qualified or QBE Finance Manager looking for a challenging position as part of a successful, growing business please do not hesitate to get in touch.