Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Skills: Mechanical Engineering degree or similar, manufacturing, repair, maintenance, programming
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
About the Company
As one of the fastest growing UK brands within the beauty sector, our client are passionate about their products and maintain the highest standards of products, packaging and ongoing customer care. They are now looking to add to their maintenance team and require an engineer to assist with the ongoing maintenance and care of their automated production machines.
What will your working week be like?
Working with the maintenance team you will spend your day working with existing machinery to ensure that everything is operating correctly. You will support design, buy-off, installation and validation of the production lines and also lead the technical root cause investigation to resolve issues. You will also support production line ramp ups with process characterisation and optimisations
- Carrying out general mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs as they arise
- On-going preventative maintenance of all machinery
- Participation in problem solving activities. Electrical and mechanical process trouble shooting.
- All repair requirements including buildings and grounds.
- Maintaining conveyor equipment and servicing machinery on production lines
- Installing and maintaining industrial equipment, such as motors, valves and pumps
- Investigating and testing ideas to improve existing systems and solve problems
- Carrying out preventative maintenance
- Identifying and repairing faults
- Provide technical support for existing product lines resolve design and manufacturing issues
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and problem solving skills in a fast paced, global environment.
- Participate in outsourcing, cost reduction and process improvement activities
- Develop and sustain manufacturing documentation
- Troubleshoot failures and implement corrective actions (changes to process, materials, components etc)
Who will suit this role?
In order to be considered for the position you must have a strong work ethic and appreciate that this role has an impact on the progression and development of the company,
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment
- Specialisation in either mechanical, electrical or automation & control.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Engineering, Manufacturing, Machinery maintenance, fault diagnosis
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.