Ambridge Harris are working with a business in North West Bristol who are looking to recruit a Credit Controller on a full time permanent basis.
The role has arisen due to pure growth in the business.
The essence of the role will involve:
- To maximise cash flow by ensuring cash is collected in line with or below payment terms for all accounts
- To review overdue accounts daily and place customers on monitor / stop when necessary
- To review held orders daily and release in line with authority levels
- To ensure that credit limits are adhered to at all times and to ensure that credit limit reviews are conducted when required
- To ensure continued reduction of overdue debt and debtor days through telephone collection
- To produce payment reminder letters
- To prepare Direct Debit files for onward transmission to the bank
- To process credit and debit card payments in accordance with procedure
- Maintain a log procedure, by account, of any queries received and correspondence communicated relating to collection of the outstanding debt
- To attend regular debt review meetings
- To negotiate and monitor payment plans within agreed authority levels
- Where collection attempts have failed, to prepare the file for legal action
- To maintain an accurate Accounts Receivable ledger and ensure accounts are reconciled regularly
- To ensure that the Customer Master File and Account Activity Log is accurate and up to date at all times
- To liaise with sales personnel and internal departments (pricing, customer care, depots) to resolve queries on customer accounts in a timely manner Debtor days (minimise)Bad debt as % of net sales (minimise)
- To be considered for this role you must have experience of working in a high volume credit department where you are used to working on a large case load. This role involves making 40-50 calls a day to your customers and building rapport with them. The client in return can offer the chance to work on a well established, talented team. They have strong strategic plans in place for the team, work in an efficient manner and are looking for a talented individual to join their team. They also have free parking available and excellent benefits on offer.
- Cash collection as % of prior month (maximise)
- Percentage of old (>30 days) debt (minimise)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.