Vargo is recruiting a Management Accountant for a professional services company based just outside of Cardiff with easy access by car from Newport, Cardiff or the Valleys.
The Management Accountant is a newly created role within the finance department. The role will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and supporting them on all day-to-day finance activity. Other members of the finance team include a general ledger clerk and admin support which are responsible for processing the sales and purchase ledger transactions.
As the Management Accountant, you will play a key role in finance bridging the gap between the transactional areas and producing the monthly and annual accounts. The role will also get heavily involved in project work such as system and process upgrades.
- Preparing information for management accounts and reporting
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations including prepayments, accruals, pension, wages control, debtors and creditors control accounts
- Preparing and posting any necessary journals
- Reconcile and prepare fixed asset register and posting of depreciation journal.
- Overhead analysis against budgets giving detailed explanation of any variances
- Daily, monthly and weekly KPI's and sales reports to be prepared and distributed to relevant personnel.
- Daily cash postings
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting with quarterly VAT returns
- Sending out customer statements on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Preparation and submission of monthly Intrastat and EC sales
- Supporting the Financial Controller with project work
- Adhoc duties
Knowledge and Experience required:
- A recognised accounting qualification (minimum of part qualified AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Must have previous commercial experience
- Advanced experience in MS Excel (Pivot tables & V-lookups).
- Strong communication skills
- Managing highly confidential information
- Sage Line 200 (or experience with another Sage system would be an advantage but not essential)