Recruit121 are working with a global company based in central Cardiff. They are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their busy Finance team.
My client is a fast growing international business that has its head office based in Cardiff. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for progression and to grow as they are an employer who are keen on personal development.
- Performance of timely and accurate multi-currency cash postings together with creation and posting of resultant journals
- Timely delivery of multi-currency bank reconciliations within month-end Management Accounts deadlines
- Production and delivery of weekly Group cash reporting
- Project invoicing using Metratech billing system
- Management, reconciliation and processing of monthly purchase invoices
- Maintenance of contract renewal dates, liaising with the Sales Team to arrange contract renewals and sending out contracts to new customers
- Credit control including credit checking new customers
- Working closely with all members of the Finance team and colleagues across all departments
- Liasing with external customers regarding the collection of debt and ensuring customers are kept informed in relation to any disputes or discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc project work and general support to the Management Accountant
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven accounting experience within a busy finance team.
- Currently studying for AAT qualification or already AAT qualified
- Good understanding of the basics of debits and credits
- Experience of making finance entries in the company accounts
- Excellent Microsoft skills in Word and Excel is essential, and experience with pivot tables, V Look Ups and H Looks Ups would be an added advantage
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, internally and externally, across all functions, and at all levels
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm
- A hands-on and can-do attitude
- Strict attention to detail
- Very organised, with the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with a pleasant telephone manner
My Client is looking for someone who has the skills to make an immediate contribution and is interested in learning and growing the role.