£16,000 per annum
Our client provides tailored support services to Blue Chip companies to keep their mobile workforces on the road.
The Workshop Technician role will be to work as a member of a busy team preparing devices (laptops, tablets and smartphones), to issue to their clients’ mobile workers. Each prepared device will include an agreed software image. The role also involves assessing returned devices and repairing where necessary.
- Diagnosing faults and seeing through to successful repair.
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions using the service management tool.
- Maintaining a high level of quality when working sequentially in ‘production style’ work processes.
- Answering phones to deal with enquiries.
- Ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a customer focused manner.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of our Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Hours: Monday and Friday between the hours of 9.00am to 5.30pm
To be considered for the Workshop technician position you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Basic understanding of IT and telecoms hardware components, their functions, types and interrelationships would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Personal organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability and willingness to tackle, in a structured way, a large task load and willingness to work on own initiative.
- Ability to follow clear procedures/instructions.
- Good written communications.
- A high degree of numeric accuracy for the purposes of inputting serial numbers.
- Common sense.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Good one to one communication
- Clean and smart appearance.
- Willingness to learn and be a part of a friendly small team.
Workshop Technician Benefits:
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year which is an addition to public holidays.
- The starting salary will be £16,000 per annum
If you feel you have the skills for their Workshop technician position, please apply now!